This post will help you to learn how to quit smoking with hypnosis.
Why We Should Quit
We all know that smoking is bad for us. Smoking can damage our health and well being, it costs a lot of money, it can alienate us from other people, it can prevent us from doing things we enjoy, like walking or hiking long distances, it is often inconvenient, and it smells bad. It can also damage our self-esteem. It just doesn’t feel good to have an invisible force pulling on you, making you do things that you don’t want to do.
Hypnosis can change all of this. In many areas, such as California, smoking has become very socially unacceptable. Because of this, many people hide it from everyone in their lives and feel like they are harboring a deep, dark secret. This makes people feel like they are inauthentic.
Why It Is So Hard to Quit
The question of how to quit smoking can be a difficult one. Most people have tried multiple things with little success. The subconscious mind is very powerful and controls 90% of our behavior. This is why will power alone is seldom effective in quitting smoking or giving up other bad habits. Talk therapy, while great for other problems, rarely works for giving up bad habits such as smoking. The reason why is that it deals only with the conscious mind. There are drugs that can help, but they cause a lot of side effects. They also do not get to the root of the problem.
How to Quit Smoking With Hypnosis – 7 Ways Hypnosis Can Help You Quit Smoking.
1) Hypnosis reprograms your mind at the subconscious level. Hypnotherapy is a fast and effective therapy because it acts on your subconscious mind. Hypnosis guides you into a deeply relaxed state. When you are in this state, your mind is open to imagery and positive suggestions. These can which can easily take root in your subconscious at a deep level. This makes it easier to make changes in your life, succeed, heal and move forward.
2) Hypnosis helps you to get to the root of the problem. Most people do not smoke, overeat, or do drugs, because they want those substances. There are always underlying emotions that drive the behavior. I help people uncover the real reasons and the negative emotions that are causing them to continue smoking.
Often it is stress, anxiety, guilt over something that happened in the past, or anger. Sometimes people feel like it is the last place they get to rebel. Some people feel it is the only way they get to have alone time. I help people work through all of these issues.
3) Hypnosis helps you identify why you want to quit. I help people really identify why they want to quit and what is most important to them. We will use this in the hypnosis as a powerful motivator. I will help your subconscious mind realize that there are so many things that you want more than smoking. Some of these might be having great health, a long life, and being able to participate in activities you enjoy like walking, hiking and working out, and more.
4) You’ll learn new tools and strategies. I love for my clients to feel empowered and independent. Because of this, I teach people a lot of tools to handle negative emotions and experiences on their own. These tools will definitely help you to quit smoking and get rid of cravings. They will also help you to move forward in every area of your life.
5) Hypnosis helps you create healthy new habits. Hypnosis helps you to not only get rid of bad habits, but it also helps you create new ones. I help people identify what needs smoking is fulfilling for them and how to get those needs met in healthier ways. Smoking also takes up a lot of time and energy. I help people really determine other ways to use all of the energy and time that will be freed up to move their lives forward.
I had one client who quit smoking and used all of that time and energy to take up painting. Another person, immediately took on a 30 day Bikram Yoga Challenge. Another client, transformed her back deck, the area where she used to smoke, from a smelly, disgusting area, to a soothing, peaceful space for meditation. She created a beautiful garden with flowers, a fountain, and bird feeders. Instead of sitting outside on this deck smoking and destroying her health, she now sits outside, meditating, gardening, listening to the sound of the fountain and watching the birds.
6) Hypnosis helps to create a powerful vision of yourself as a non-smoker. I will help you create a powerful vision of yourself as a non-smoker. This really helps your subconscious mind see all the things that you will gain by quitting. It is very motivational and inspirational and will help you stay on track and move forward. It also helps you see that such much more is possible for you.
7) Hypnosis audio recordings. I create an audio recording of each hypnotherapy session for you to use at home. Between the ages of 0 and 7, we are in a natural hypnotic state. This helps young children learn the rules of society. When we get older, we become more discriminating and our brain waves speed up and we are no longer so easily programmed. What we need to reprogram the subconscious when we get older is hypnosis with repetition. By listening to the hypnosis recordings in between sessions, you will have all the repetition you need to reprogram your subconscious and make rapid changes in your life.
Read What People Are Saying:
“I went to Susan recently for help quitting smoking. I had done acupuncture (helped a little), I had quit for long periods of time before cold turkey, I had tried Zyban two years ago. This time in my life I was just feeling more mentally lazy than before. . . like “Smoking is all I have!
Anyway, I finished the 4 or 5 cigarettes after her one session and then I haven’t bought a pack since. Normally I panic when I run out, but something just seemed different now. I not only am able to fight the urge to buy smokes, but I feel like some of my anxious feelings are gone, or at least much softer now. When I have a little spending money I plan to go back to Susan, I felt so much better after going once that I want to go a few more times. ( I hate to say that 6 months of psychotherapy hasn’t helped my anxiety but one time at a hypnotherapy session with Susanne has made an impact on my mood and anxiety. ) Also, Susan is very sweet and down to earth.”- Muriel D, San Francisco Hypnosis Client
“Thanks to you, I not only quit smoking but also started painting. Who knew?” – Michelle B., San Francisco Hypnosis Client
“After smoking marijuana for twenty years, as often as fifteen times a day, I definitely felt that my habit was controlling me. I found that I was unable to eat or sleep without smoking. I had been able to cut back on my own, but could never go a full day without smoking. After three sessions with Susanne I succeeded in cutting it way down and in short order my appetite returned and my sleep patterns became more normal.
The worries I had about controlling my emotions without pot also proved to be unfounded. I think I have been more in control without it. I was pretty skeptical about the whole process, but not only did it work, I got results more easily and faster than I could have hoped and I’m saving a lot of money. I know I could not have done it without her. “
– Mike J, San Francisco Hypnosis Client
Medical research shows that hypnosis is effective in quitting smoking, http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/04/us-ssmoking-alternatives-idUSBRE8431J520120504
I see clients in my San Francisco office and I work with people on the phone who don’t live in the area. I also work with people who are traveling here on business or vacation. For more information, please go to my Frequently Asked Questions page. To make an appointment or contact me, click here or call the number below.
San Francisco Hypnotherapy Clinic, 915 Irving St, SF, CA 94122 (415) 336-6128